Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Media Used: Graphite and Chalk
This was a response to my art class' first provocation of the semester: The Body as a Decorated Surface.  My idea was of a person touching something and taking on its appearance, like a chameleon.  For some reason the idea soothes me, being able to touch an object like a leaf and have their skin gradually take on the same appearance.  I stuck with drawing because I felt at the time like that's my greatest strength, and I spent days practicing my hand drawing before I produced this work.  My teacher said it was a good idea, execution needed a little work.  He suggested that maybe do the same thing in Photoshop.  I like that idea, except I haven't used Photoshop in years and don't remember much about how to use it.  Lately I've been taking more of an interest in digital art though, so I could definitely see myself recreating this work in Photoshop after I re-learn how to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment